Crossings Payment Information
Merseyflow.co.uk is the official website for tolls/charges and the only place you can register online to get discounts on tolls/charges or monthly passes to cross the Mersey Gateway Bridge and the Silver Jubilee Bridge.
This even applies to people who live in Halton – where eligible local residents can make as many trips as they like at no extra cost but only if they are successfully registered with the Local User Discount Scheme (LUDS) via Merseyflow (fees apply when registering).
There are no payment booths on the Mersey Gateway or Silver Jubilee bridges – which means quicker, easier and more reliable journeys – but you still need to pay to cross them
You can pay up to 12 months before you cross the Mersey Gateway or Silver Jubilee bridges or until 11.59pm the day after you cross. If you don’t pay on time you will receive a Penalty Charge Notice of up to £60.
Ways to pay
You can pay for journeys across both the Mersey Gateway Bridge and Silver Jubilee Bridge via the following payment channels:
- using the Quick Pay App on your Apple or Android smartphone – download at www.merseyflow.co.uk/quick-pay-app.
- online at www.merseyflow.co.uk (24 hours a day, 7 days a week).
- by phone on 01928 878 878 (available Monday – Friday 8am-8pm, Saturday – Sunday and bank holidays 9am-6pm. Outside of these opening hours payment can be taken 24/7 using the automated service on the same number).
- in person at merseyflow’s walk-in centre at Howard Court, Manor Park, Runcorn, WA7 1SJ between Monday – Friday 9am-7pm, Saturday – Sunday and bank holidays 9am-6pm.
- at one of 10,000 Payzone outlets across the UK
You will need to give your vehicle registration details when you pay.
Pay for a crossing »
www.merseyflow.co.uk to register for discounts and tolls/charges for the best discount deals that apply to you and find out how the free-flow tolling/charging system will work.
Sample bridge sign
On approach to the Mersey Gateway Bridge and Silver Jubilee Bridge, you will see these signs which indicate that a Road User Charge (Toll) will be payable.
The major roads will also have a ‘Last Exit Before’ sign to assist if not intending to use the Bridges.
Some approach roads may also have an ‘on road’ sign to show the charging area.
Crossings can be paid for in advance or by midnight the following day.
Please refer to merseyflow website and the five ways to pay for a quicker, more reliable journey.
Toll/Charge information »