Bus Passes​​​​​

Halton Hopper

Monthly and weekly tickets can be used on various bus services​ within Halton. 

Buy a Halton Hopper Bus Pass

​​My Ticket​

  • Aged 18 and under?
  • You can go wherever you want all day for just £2.20
  • Whether you’re off to college, the cinema, the shops or to meet friends, it’s cheaper and easier to get there with MyTicket – the exclusive bus ticket for young people aged 5-18 travelling across Halton and Merseyside.
  • Just ask your bus driver for MyTicket

Concessionary Fares​​​

Concessionary Fares are available for people who meet the qualifying age criteria and those with a registered disability. Concessionary pass holders are entitled to free off-peak travel on bus services after 9.30am weekdays and at all times at weekends and on public holidays. Full fare charges apply to all travel before 9.30am during weekdays.

Disabled bus pass
  • You are eligible for a disabled person’s pass if you live in England and meet the eligibility criteria. Below is the application form along with an evidence sheet detailing what are acceptable proofs of eligibility.
  • Please complete and return the application form to a One Stop Shop, ​​by email or post (see application form for address details) along with scanned images/copies of ID and residency. Please see the evidence sheet for acceptable proof.
  • If you are unable to provide any of the eligibility proofs as detailed on the evidence sheet then we will need to contact your GP. If this is required we can send you a form to sign and return to us so that we can contact them. Or you can call into a One Stop Shop to sign a form.​ Please bear in mind that GP’s may take longer than normal to respond due to their current working arrangements.​​
Older persons bus pass
  • If you are a permanent resident of Halton and of state pension age you will qualify. You can see if you are of a qualifying age on the governments website www.gov.uk/state-pension-age/y/bus_pass
  • If you qualify for an older persons bus you can complete the application form. The form can be returned to a One Stop Shop​, via email or post along with copies or scanned images of ID, residency and age (see application form for acceptable proofs and the address details)
  • Please note a passport sized photograph is required for all applications. Photographs can be taken free of charge in the One Stop Shops.​
  • If your older person bus pass is due for renewal you will receive a letter approximately 5 weeks before the existing expiry date which will contain a unique renewal code. The quickest way to renew is online.​​
Replacement bus passes
  • Lost or Stolen Bus Pass - You should notify us as soon as possible by Contacting Us. Seven days after you have notified us of the loss, a replacement can be ordered by contacting us again and paying the fee of £10.00. This payment is non-refundable. If your original pass is found after the issue of your replacement you must return it to the Council for secure disposal.
  • Damaged Pass - If the pass is damaged then a £10.00 fee must be paid before a replacement can be issued. Payment can be made by Contacting Us
  • Passes not Scanning – Passes that do not scan on Buses must be presented for inspection at a One Stop Shop. If there is no apparent damage to the card then it will be replaced free of charge. However, should there be signs of damage then a £10.00 fee must be paid before a replacement can be issued.
Senior Citizen Railcards​​​​​

If you are in receipt of an older persons bus pass issued by Halton Borough Council then you are entitled to a 1 year senior citizen railcard at a discounted rate.  Discount codes are available from any One Stop Shop. This code can be taken away by the applicant and redeemed either online or on the telephone and payment at the discounted rate will be applied. The railcard will be posted out to the applicant’s home address.