If you are looking for help and advice on how to cut down or stop smoking, great support is offered through our local Stop Smoking Service in Halton. Our trained team of advisors use tried and tested ways to help you change your smoking habits. An example of this is using nicotine therapy.
There are a number of easy ways you can access the Halton Stop Smoking Service:
- Give us a call on 0300 029 0029
- Email us at HIT@halton.gov.uk
- Visit your GP
- Drop-in to your local chemist
Support can be offered via phone or face to face.
Please note – we are closed on public and bank holidays.
Download info about the service »
We can support you through:
- Free advice and support, tailored to the individual needs of the smoker
- Access to free or reduced cost Nicotine Replacement Therapy (NRT) via a voucher scheme
- Support within workplace settings
- Smoking prevention, education and support within schools
- Specialist advice to pregnant and breast-feeding smokers
They can also answer your questions, such as:
- How does NRT (nicotine replacement therapy) work?
- What else can I use?
- Will I put on weight?
- What will I do when I usually smoke?
- What if I start smoking again?
- How can I relax instead?
- How much money will I save?
- Is it worth the effort?
Trained pharmacies can also offer stop smoking advice and treatment.