Do you find that those daily tasks you used to take for granted are getting harder? Things like:
- Getting up out of bed or a chair
- Getting on or off the bus
- Climbing the stairs
- Getting washed and dressed
Perhaps you've already had a fall or feel unsteady on your feet.
- Keeping active is key to staying fit, mobile and independent as you get older.
- Our Age Well classes offer gentle, easy exercises to improve stability, balance, coordination and strength to reduce your risk of falling.
- Our Age Well Exercise classes are also ideal if you've already had a fall.
- Being able to keep doing those everyday tasks and chores makes a huge difference to keeping your independence and confidence in later life.
Our fully qualified instructors are all trained to a nationally recognised standard.
A fall can be serious at any age, but as we get older, the risk of injury increases, as does recovery time. Our specially designed exercises will help you:
- Reduce your risk of falling
- Strengthen your muscles and bones
- Improve your balance and coordination
- Help you carry out everyday tasks more easily
- Increase your confidence and mobility
- The classes are also a great place to meet new people!
After 12 weeks of attending the hour long weekly sessions and practising once a week at home you will find everyday tasks getting much easier and your confidence levels will improve.
There is an opportunity for tea & a chat at the end of the class and a chance to find out what other services in Halton are available.
Speak to your GP about joining the classes