Halton Borough Council promotes high standards of conduct and support Members’ observation of their Code of Conduct.
Councillors have to agree to follow a Code of Conduct to ensure high standards in the way they undertake their duties. Halton Borough Council trains and advises them on the Code of Conduct.
Citizens have a right to complain to if they have evidence which they think shows that a Councillor has not followed the Council’s Code of Conduct.
What We Do
- help Councillors and Co-opted Members to observe the Members’ Code of Conduct;
- promote and maintain high standards of conduct by Councillors, Co-opted Members and church and parent governor representatives;
- advise the Council on the adoption or revision of the Members’ Code of Conduct;
- monitor the operation of the Members’ Code of Conduct;
- provide training for Councillors and Co-opted Members on matters relating to the Members’ Code of Conduct;
- deal with complaints against Councillors; and
- similar duties in relation to the Parish Councils in the area.
Member’s Code of Conduct
How to Complain
The Code of Conduct Complaint Form, available via the link below, should be completed and returned to the Borough Council’s Monitoring Officer. Details are on the form.
For more information please see the Audit and Governance Board