Community Groups & Funding/Grants Advice
Information below focuses on community funding and advice. Information on business support funding is available from
If you have an idea for a project which and would like funding you may be able to apply for
Area Forum funding
Halton Borough Council is committed to supporting community groups and voluntary organisations and believes these groups can make a positive contribution to improving community life.
You can now apply for this grant
online but please make sure you have completed your application form (word document) ready to upload.
Voluntary Sector Core Funding
Setting up a community group
Each group varies but in general once you have at least 3 people (and preferably more) you will need to do the following:
- Hold an initial meeting
- Agree the groups aims
- Write a constitution
- Open a bank account
- Decide who is going to do what
What support can the Council (Community Development) provide?
These are some of the key things that the team can help you with:
- Forming a group
- Running meetings (writing agenda and minutes etc)
- Sourcing and applying for funding
- Writing policies and procedures
- Planning Consultation
- Action Planning
For information & advice around setting up a group please
Funding Advice & Support
For information & advice around funding please
contact us. The support offered includes:
- Funding searches
- Targeted funding information updates via quarterly bulletins
- Support with bid writing
- Production of supporting documents e.g. business plans and development of funding strategies
Monthly funding bulletins are available offering information on funding opportunities.
Sign up to recieve bulletin updates to your inbox
Funding opportunities available
Please find below the details of the Courses run by Halton Borough Council.
- Basic Bid Writing Training
- Monitoring and Evaluation Training
- Now You Have Your Grant Course
- Developing a Fundraising Strategy
If you wish to attend, dates and further information is available on our online booking form.
- We also have available to purchase a Bid Writing Reference Manual which is an excellent resource for bid writing. If you require any more information or wish to purchase a Manual please
get in touch