Community Groups & Funding/Grants Advice
Information below focuses on community funding and advice. You can also find information on
business support funding.
If you have an idea for a project which and would like funding you may be able to
apply for area forum funding.
Halton Borough Council is committed to supporting community groups and voluntary organisations and believes these groups can make a positive contribution to improving community life.
You can now apply for this grant
online but please make sure you have completed your application form (word document) ready to upload.
Voluntary Sector Core Funding
Application form -
closing date Friday 20th January 2023.
Setting up a community group
Each group varies but in general once you have at least 3 people (and preferably more) you will need to do the following:
- Hold an initial meeting
- Agree the groups aims
- Write a constitution
- Open a bank account
- Decide who is going to do what
What support can the Council (Community Development) provide?
These are some of the key things that the team can help you with:
- Forming a group
- Running meetings (writing agenda and minutes etc)
- Sourcing and applying for funding
- Writing policies and procedures
- Planning Consultation
- Action Planning
For information & advice around setting up a group please
Funding Advice & Support
For information & advice around funding please
contact us. The support offered includes:
- Funding searches
- Targeted funding information updates via quarterly bulletins
- Support with bid writing
- Production of supporting documents e.g. business plans and development of funding strategies
Monthly funding bulletins are available offering information on funding opportunities.
Sign up to receive bulletin updates to your inbox.
Funding Bulletins »
Please find below the details of the Courses run by Halton Borough Council.
- Basic Bid Writing Training
- Monitoring and Evaluation Training
- Now You Have Your Grant Course
- Developing a Fundraising Strategy
If you wish to attend, dates and further information is available on our online form.
Book Online »