Housing Benefits & Council Tax Reduction
Service update: The system will be unavailable 4th March 2021 and the morning of 5th March 2021 due to essential maintenance
You can use the
Halton Benefits Online service to make a new claim for Housing Benefit and Council Tax Reduction
What is Housing Benefit and Council Tax Reduction and can I claim?
Things we need to know when you apply:
- National Insurance number for you (and your partner if applicable)
- Full name and dates of birth of everyone in your household
- For Housing Benefit claims, Landlord’s details, the amount of rent you pay and any charges included in your rent, such as water or electricity
- Your household income, savings, investments and expenses – including things like childcare costs and private pension contributions.
- You will be able to upload any evidence whilst making your application.
- You can save your application at various stages and finish it later. If you save your details part way through, you will be given a Citizen Access Benefits key code. Make a note of this as you'll need it to log back into your form.
- We will contact you by email to ask for any additional information to support your claim
Changes in Circumstances
- Your information can be collected electronically in accordance with this
- Please also refer to our
privacy notice to see how we may use your data
You can access a range of services and information online: