Household Support Fund
The Government has introduced a new Household Support Fund to help those households in most need this winter with food, energy and water bills. The fund covers the period 6th October 2021 to 31st March 2022, and is allocating assistance in the following areas:
- Provision of free school meal vouchers during school holidays to parents of children entitled to free school meals to include the following holidays: October 2021 half term, Christmas 2021, February 2022 half term, and Easter 2022.
- Food provision: Runcorn and Widnes Food Banks or Halton Citizens Advice (this will be provided by allocation of a voucher).
- Help with energy bills: Halton Citizens Advice through vouchers issued by Fuel Bank Foundation as well as support from Energy Project Plus.
- Halton Borough Council will continue to provide emergency welfare support through its Discretionary Support Scheme.
- Halton Borough Council will provide support through its front line Adult Social Care teams to those households in need.
From 28th September 2020, you may be entitled to a Test and Trace Support payment of £500. If you have been told by NHS Test and Trace to self-isolate, either because you have tested positive for Coronavirus Covid-19 or you have been in contact with someone who has tested positive, you may be entitled to some financial support during your self-isolation period:
Single Person Discount Review:
complete your return online