Change in Circumstances

​You must tell us about any changes that may affect your claim for Housing Benefit or Council Tax Reduction.

For example:

  • Any of your children leave school, leave higher education or leave your property
  • Anyone moves into or out of your home, including lodges and sub tenants
  • Your income or the income of anyone living with you changes; including benefit changes
  • Your capital or savings amount goes down or goes up
  • You or anyone living with you becomes a student, goes on a Youth Training Scheme, goes into hospital or a nursing home, goes into prison, or changes leaves a job
  • Your rent changes
  • You move
  • You or your partner to be away from home for more than a month​
  • You or anyone living with you starts work
  • You receive any decision from the Home Office

Please contact us to tell us about your changes.

Change in Circumstances Form »

You can email your documents to or call 0151 511 7772 to report your change

Please note most changes will require you to provide proof of your change, proof can be emailed to or sent in the post to Benefits Section, Halton Borough Council, PO Box 10892, Nottingham, NG6 6EL