Registering a birth
Following government advice, birth registrations can now resume. The following measures are in place for people attending the office:
- Do not attend if you or anyone you have been in contact with have any of the symptoms of covid-19
- You should only attend if you have a pre-booked appointment
- Social distancing will be maintained in the office at all times
- Only the minimum number of people should attend the office. Where possible, babies and children should not be brought to the appointment
- Early arrivals or additional people may be asked to wait outside
- Sanitising products are available
- Pens will be sanitised before and after being used to sign the register page
- Where possible all copy certificates will be issued in the post. Please do not choose the collection option unless absolutely necessary
- All customers attending the office in person for appointments should be made aware that they must wear a face covering unless they are exempt from doing so.
Your baby's birth should by law be registered within 42 days, this should be in the
district where the birth happened. The easiest way to do this is to make an appointment with the correct Register Office.
Home births in Halton
To make an appointment for a birth that has occurred in Halton please telephone 0151 907 8307. Visits to the Register Office are strictly by appointment only.